2020 Urbanna Days Art Contest
“What I Love About Urbanna”
for kids 4-18 & creative adults of all ages
Follow your heart and your creativity to capture what makes our town special for you - any format is welcome: drawings, paintings, sculpture, videos or anything else you can think of! Prizes in four age groups.
Entries will be on display November 6-8 in our brand-new lobby and retail area.
Submissions due by November 1 to the Chesapeake Inn’s office at 250 Virginia Street.
Urbanna Days Art Contest Rules
- As the poster says, there are no rules about your artistic approach to the question, "What I love about Urbanna." Use your creativity - the contest is, someone might say, your oyster:)
- The Contest is open to both Urbanna, Virginia residents and anyone who cares about Urbanna. Immediate family members and anyone living within the same household of employees, officers and directors of the Chesapeake Inn are not eligible to win. The Chesapeake Inn and the Judges reserve the right to verify the eligibility of any winner. All entries must be the entrant’s original, unpublished, and previously unproduced work.
- The winning submissions will be judged based upon (1) authenticity in answering the question, (2) creativity in execution, and (3) representation of Urbanna.
- The Chesapeake Inn reserves the right to decide not to publicly display an entry.
- All prizes may not be awarded if there is an insufficient number of entries.
- By submitting an entry, each winner grants The Chesapeake Inn and those acting under its authority permission to use the winner’s name, likeness, or comments for advertising and publicity purposes without payment of additional consideration, except where prohibited by law.
- The Chesapeake Inn may use use the artwork entered for promotional purposes, including advertising or any other purposes, and no entrants will be paid for the use of the art. Artists will be credited whenever their artwork is displayed or used, and all artists retain ownership of their artwork.